2.04.2005

My foray into the online world

I have decided to reorganize my online knitting journal, and try to keep it up to date with what I am making. So here goes!

Lately I can't seem to stop starting projects. So needless to say I have a few irons in the fire. It's just that I think of ideas and then want to start them right away. That's not to say that I don't finish them...I just get so excited about diving into them and getting them all going. So for instance, right now I have a scarf I am working on with 6 colors. It's a sideways-knit scarf, where I have cast on a lot of stitches onto long circular needles and am working one color for each row. So far so good. I am using old Lion Brand Wool-Ease that I had in my stash, in a medium gray, light gray, lavender, light pink, darker purple, and a medium blue.

I've also almost completed a hat in the medium (darker) gray that's included in the scarf. And there are plans roaming around my head for mittens...haven't yet determined how I am going to work the colors in. I want to do some stripes perhaps.

What else is in my knitting bag? A fun scarf, not designed to be a toasty warm one, in a bright pink and purple color, with some silvery accents in it. For this I am just knitting every row, and with about 20 stitches. The yarn is called Combolo, by Plymouth Yarn. It is actually a 3-part yarn, one part a thin string with little bundles of fluffy stuff, one with little fluffs, and another with blobs that have silver in them. Okay, since a picture's worth a thousand words, here you go:

Sample of Plymouth ComboloPlymouth Yarns, Combolo (Color #1040)

I am also making a tube-shaped neckwarmer in a fuzzy black yarn--Lion Brand Jiffy. It's for skiing. I had to make a new one since my old pink one won't go with my new purple ski coat. (Logical, really.)

Oh yes, and there's the wavy scarf. Pattern can be found here.
I had some yarn in my stash that needed a project, and when I found this pattern, I thought that would be a good plan. And so far I love it. I'm not in a hurry to complete this one, as it's a great project to tote along on trips. The yarn is Lion Brand Imagine in Purple Haze.

Sample of Purple HazeLion Brand Imagine, in "Purple Haze"

The wavyness of the pattern is really fun, and I am pleased with its results so far.

No comments: