4.26.2007

I can't believe I did that

*Sigh.*

Last night as I was excitedly nearing the end of the heel on sock #2, all geared up to get started on the leg, I suddenly realized that I'd been knitting with the size 0's, and not the size 1's with which I'd done both toes and the other heel. UGH! I was so close...

I realized as I berated myself that this is a common thing with me. Anytime I have to change needle sizes mid-pattern, I find that forgetting to switch needles is something I do more often than I'd like to admit. Anyone else have this problem? I need to come up with some fantabulous idea of how to flag myself...oh, flags! Maybe some of those post-it flags would work...hmm.

Anyway, I held up the heel to the one on the other sock, compared it to the toe...but I decided that I'd rather do it right so I just yanked those needles out and frogged the heel. The upshot of all of this is that I got still more practice picking up live stitches (this time I sat at the kitchen counter and turned the lights up bright, much easier that way let me tell you) and suddenly there I was, back at the start of the heel again. At least this round will be more pleasant to knit; I have to say that the size 0's are a little small for my preferences. Now the 1's feel enormous!

And the only other silver lining here is that this is keeping me occupied (albeit a tad grumpily) till my April kit arrives. I was disappointed not to see a box at my door last night but reminded myself I want to finish the Monsoons first anyway. But I am really looking forward to the new kit. I have a feeling the colors will me more my thing.

And rather than bore you with a photo of a partially finished sock, I give you this:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the frogging. Just think how much you are learning with these! Love the cat picture. That is exactly what it looks like Maddie is saying!

Anonymous said...

I always do that. So annoying.