4.14.2008

Bear bits and other stuff

Okay, so this is going to be a sort of half-effort post, and I apologize for that. :) But it's almost time for bed and I just want to get this out there!

I have now finished the front, back and two arms of my Whidbey the Bear, and I'm still loving the project. I'm not completing this at any great rate of speed but I'm enjoying it, and as I've mentioned before, it's not a high-speed knit anyway.

bear bits

Okay, so, I apologize for the awful photos. It's really hard to photograph this stuff. You also can't really see the magic in the stitches of the arms due to all the fuzz, but it's very well-designed and the arrangement of increases and decreases have created perfect little bear arms. hee!

bear middle and arms

Next I'll get to the legs, and then the knitting portion of the bear will be complete. :o)

~ ~ ~

I haven't been knitting a ton, but I have been working a bit more on my Fuchsia Lace scarf. It is a really fun knit but I'm definitely at the point where I'm just ready for it to be done, so I have been plugging away at it, especially as I am now seeing a possible light at the end of the tunnel. I am almost at the end of the second ball of yarn (of three) and am contemplating calling it quits at that point.

~ ~ ~

Well...I started drafting this post earlier and now...the scarf is done! Well, I cast off anyway. I still need to block it, so I'm not calling it really done until then. I need to dig out my foam pads and T-pins. More photos to follow, but here it is now:

fuchsia scarf cast off
(Yup, more awful photos...I'll do better when it's really done!)

It's definitely not a super long scarf, but, I think it's okay. It's not the long, drapey type of scarf anyway. I'll post more photos as soon as I get to the blocking.

Let's see...what else is new? Oh--check out my find at Staples...a mini calculator for my knitting bag:

mini pink calculator

Cute, no? And, of course, it's pink. ;o)

That's it for now!

6 comments:

KnittyLynn said...

I can't wait to see the bear complete. Right now that picture looks like a dog got hold of someone's beloved bear and took it apart! :D
I'm very intrigued by the yarn. Is is hard to knit with?

Love the scarf!

Anonymous said...

Cute, yes!!! I think I see a trip to Staples in my future.

Too Little Time said...

Looking forward to seeing your bear. I understand about knits that go on and on and on. My last 2 pair of socks felt that way cause I repeated a "patterned" sock one right after the other. There were mistakes in the second pair that I didn't care, just get them done (and no one can tell but me). Anyways - the pink is very pretty. =) Karrie

Unknown said...

I LOVE that calculator! Great find. I may have to wander over to Staples myself.

Knitting Kris said...

Love that lace scarf! Really pretty color!

gypsyknits said...

Love that scarf! The bear will come together and you're gonna love him:)