2.07.2005

Superbowl knitting

Well, last night, during the Superbowl, I managed to finish off two projects. I had also completed another the night before. That one was the pink and purple scarf made with the fun yarn I mentioned below. I took a picture of it and will post that when I get the chance. I am very happy with it, it's fun and bright, and the fringe is nice on it. And I even have a little left over in case I want to incorporate it into some future mittens. In the meantime I have some bright pink stretchy gloves that I got at A.C. Moore for $2 that go nicely with it.

I also completed my black, fuzzy neckwarmer thing for skiing. I am not 100% pleased with this however, as the ribbing is stretchier than I'd hoped so it's not as tight as I'd have liked. But we'll see how it goes, I'll try it when we [hopefully] go skiing in a month.

I am on the other hand very pleased with my other completed project, which was the double layer hat. Here's where you can find the pattern. I made it in gray, out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease, Oxford Gray. (That is one of the colors in the scarf I am making, see below for a sample). But this hat is great...it's going to be nice and warm because of the double layers, and the ribbed cuff on it makes it look nice and will be very warm over my ears. I think I am going to add a tassel of some sort...perhaps on a string. It needs something else to liven it up a bit. But I love it...very comfy and I hope it gets cold enough again this year so I can wear it!

No comments: