Sock #1 is done

Okay, I'm back...with photos. :) I completed the grafting (a.k.a. kitchener stitch) on the toe of the first sock. I am very pleased with the sock, and it fits too! So here is a picture of it:

Striped sockThe striped sock
(click on photo to see larger image)

The self-striping yarn really was quite fun and satisfying. It definitely kept your interest since it changed so often. This sock was fun to knit, and overall, the pattern worked out fine, although I did have to make a couple of adjustments.

And some detail of the gusset and the toe:

Sock gusset detail

Toe detail(click on photos to see larger images)

And now, I go back to the mitten. The striped mitten that I am not so fond of. Here's a photo of it so you can see for yourself and make your own judgements...

Striped mittenThe striped mitten
(click on photo to see larger image)

It has potential, but for some reason it is just not that interesting to me. That and it doesn't even fit me, so I might just make the second one and then find a child who might like them. We'll see!

No comments: