3.22.2005

Good stripes and bad stripes

Hi. It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been busy doing lots of stuff...and actually accomplishing things. Unfortunately, they haven't been knitting-related! It's spring cleaning time...

But...I do have this to report: my first self-striping sock is almost complete. I just have to graft the toe, and we're all done. Then it's back to work on its friend! But that's the fun part to me, since I've already worked out all of the kinks and know how many rows to knit, etc., with the first sock. So, I promise to post a picture of the completed sock very soon!

Oh, I almost forgot. I finished the striped mitten...and I am disappointed! First of all, my tried-and-true pattern and stitch and row counts failed me, because the silly thing is too small! I haven't figured out why yet. I have used this yarn before, and I did everything the same. My only thought is that when I was securing all of the ends from changing colors, I might have pulled it a little too tight. Not sure. Secondly, I am not thrilled with the color combo. These colors work better in narrow stripes on the scarf. I am not such a fan of the big stripes. If I re-did it, I might just stick with pink and the two grays. Anyway, I will post a photo of the lone mitten soon. That project has gone to the back burner! I am still thinking about completing the scarf...we'll see.

No comments: