9.13.2006

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

So here I am, returning with photos in hand.

I start with my NYAs...New Yarn Aquisitions. On my recent trip to Toronto and the lovely Lettuce Knit yarn shop, I purchased the following delightful specimens:

Koigu KPPPM


and Fleece Artist Merino


Yummy. I can't wait to start something with them, but I need to restrain myself for a while (have you SEEN my list of WIPs??).

Previously I had been at the shore with my family and visited a yarn shop I'd learned of called Sea Needles in Bethany Beach, Delaware. Cute little shop, though only about half of it was about yarn, the rest involved beads (we like beads though), cross stitch, embroidery, etc. There I purchased some...

Sockotta


and some Regia


And now for some WIP shots. I have a lot of things going right now, but I am really enjoying working on all of them. So much so that I almost don't want any of them to end...which is silly, really, since all I'd have to do is get more yarn and cast on again. Duh. But anyway.

Here is the Fibertrends Fuchsia Lace Scarf I am making, in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Very lovely soft yarn that is so far excellent for showing the fancy stitches. I hope it blocks well though when done, since it's hard to see the stitches all scrunched up. Here it is as I stretch it out a bit:

WIP Fuchsia Lace Scarf

This has been a really fun thing to knit, I am enjoying it immensely. One of my favorite features on it is the "scalloped" edges. I think it adds such a nice touch and feeling of being finished along the edges. Oh, and I am making the "Trailing Lace" version (there are two in the pattern). I would very much recommend this pattern as it was very well-written and a very high attention to detail.

Another of my favorite current projects is the Feathery Lace Stole from Exquisite Little Knits. (I love this book.) I am making my wrap in Kidsilk Spray, the variegated cousin of Kidsilk Haze. I love the color, such a rich pinkish/red. Should be great for holidaytime wear. Here are a couple of WIP shots:

WIP Feathery Lace

Feathery Lace detail

I got quite a bit of it done on my trip recently. A really great travel project.

One day a while ago while wandering through JoAnn's I happened upon some extremely soft, pale blue yarn that has beads in it. I thought it would make a wonderful soft scarf for a black winter coat. I decided to get some other pale blue yarn to go with it and ended up with a few balls of these two yarns:



I recently just randomly decided to cast on for this, since I'd come up with an idea of what to make. I am working K2P2 rib, and alternating the two yarns every two rows. I think it makes a neat effect, especially since the two colors are almost identical but not quite...here's my WIP:

Soft Pale Blue Scarf WIP

So far I love it, it'll definitely be a cuddly soft scarf. It's not that wide so I will make it pretty long for extra wraps. I then want to make some coordinating mittens out of the wool yarn, with a little of the super-soft novelty stuff with beads on the cuffs. I think it'll be a fun set!

Guess that's it for now...see sidebar for other WIP pix not interesting enough to mention here...!

No comments: