2.21.2007

More pink?!

Yep, that's right. More pink. I can't help it. Pink is my thing. Just like knitting is my thing. Combine the two and I'm in heaven.

I finished the Fingerless Mittens last night. I think they're quite nice, if I may say so myself.

Here's an attempt at a photo of the cable. I think because of the variegatedness of the yarn it is not photographing well, but here it is anyway:

(BTW, the color in the first photo is closer to the real thing.) There's a link to the pattern here. I mentioned before that I had to do some tweaking to make the open ends (for fingers and thumbs) work better, and I like the way they came out. Using the smaller needles for the ribbing on the top was definitely the way to go, because now they lie flat against my hand and don't bunch up either. I also shortened considerably the hand and thumb sections, so now I can be a little more dexterous while wearing them. I think they'll come in handy on those chilly winter evenings sitting around home! I just hope I can knit with them and not get my needles stuck in them. :o)

No comments: