Since I don't have any real knitting updates to post about, nor any photos to share, I thought I'd post this. Here is a little Christmas question & answer list that I found over on Karrie's blog, Too Little Time. I decided to jump on that bandwagon and answer it too! (I'm also borrowing her idea of making it colorful and Christmasy!) :o)
Rules are to copy and paste to your own blog, replacing the answers with your own. If you do answer it on your blog, leave me a comment and I'll come by to see!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? -Wrapping paper, and I like to make the gift tags myself. I've also been known to use "fur" yarn for ribbon!
2. Real tree or artificial? -Growing up, we always had a real one, but now my husband and I are contemplating getting an artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? -About three weeks before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? -Around New Year's
5. Do you like eggnog? -Yup! (and now that I'm a grownup, I like it with a little rum!)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? -A Gund "Snuff" stuffed bear, which became my all-time favorite
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? -Yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? -My nieces and nephews because unfortunately I don't see them very often
9. Easiest person to buy for? -My husband and my best friend, because I know them so well!
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? -I really can't think of one.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? -Mail, and I like to make those too.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? -Don't really have a favorite movie, but gotta watch the original Grinch TV show each year!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? -November or so
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? -Not exactly, but there used to be a "joke" gift (it was a hideous thing of plastic "flowers" made from plastic shells--no offense to anyone who likes plastic flowers or shells, but trust me, this was hideous) that we would circulate in the family as a recurring joke gift that kept reappearing quietly and suddenly, which was fun. It stemmed from an older version of a similar joke gift from my dad's generation.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? -Favorite family recipes of Christmas cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? -Colorful...growing up, we used the "twinkle" lights that would blink randomly...now we use the tiny colorful lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? -God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen...I love to sing along in the alto part!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? -Both...DH's family live 5 hours away.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? -Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...& Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? -Growing up it was an angel, now we have a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? -Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? -The crazy shoppers and crowded malls! And the feeling of frustration trying to find gifts just to find gifts. Which is why we're doing some donations this year.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? -This isn't really corny, but my parents and I used to lie on the floor by the tree and watch the twinkle lights make pretty patterns on the ceiling, listening to Christmas music
24. What is the worst thing you've seen related to Christmas? -There are some jokes passed around the internet that are a little tasteless sometimes.
25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees? -I think I'm partial to homey trees, full of ornaments with memories, but we've been known to do color-themed trees before (red and green, blue and silver...)
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? -um, neither? I like these butter cookies my family makes.
27. Do you like Fruitcake? -No thank you!Happy holiday season to all!