1.23.2008

Frog pond

Well, I did it. The gray socks and blue beaded scarf are no more. (Okay, well, technically the half-sock is still in existence, but I pulled out the needles. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to wind up the yarn again. But for all intents and purposes, it is frogged!)

It felt good! I made notes about what went wrong and what I think I want to do next time. See, I like to keep good notes of stuff, is anyone else like that too? I made up little WIP note sheets that I have copies of and every time I start a new project, I grab one. That way I have a place I can write down date started, pattern info, info about the yarn, needles, how much yarn I started with...all the info that I want to end up with at the end of the project. Then when it's done, I copy that info neatly into my finished projects notebook, and chuck the piece of paper. I also cut a sample of the yarn, attach it to the ball band, and write the project on the ball band. It's a simple system that works well for me! (My old system was a tad more complicated and needed revamping.) Then again, I am a freak about being organized. If anyone's interested in seeing my list I'll be glad to post it. I made mine in a Word document, two up per page, print and cut in half. (Or it's pretty easy to make your own, just come up with a list of all of the information you want to have at hand!)

Next up to finish are the Twinkle Toes Socks, since they're the closest to being done. Usually I like to keep some plain socks always on the needles because of their portability, but as I have no trips in the foreseeable future, I can let that go for now. Other things to make!

So...my WIP list is now down to a much more reasonable 6. whew. That's better. Thanks for all the support!

And because this is a rather short and boring post, I thought I'd share this link to an article I saw and thought was cute: Cat stowaway makes it home again

Talk atcha later! ;o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

RRrrrrrrrrriiiiiiippppppppp!!!!! Don't you feel better now?!?!?!