3.20.2008

I don't have much...

...but I'll share what I've got.

And what I have is a half a sock. Or, in more optimistic terms, three quarters of a pair of socks.

IMG_4917

I decided to keep on going with these Fall Embossed Leaves socks, and try and finish them now rather than later. I was debating whether or not to leave them until the fall, but I decided that I can make other fall-colored socks then, and why not finish these now. That way I can move on to some new ones, like my Summer of Love Lace socks from the Rockin' Sock Club last year. I've really been itching to start those.

I really don't know what else to babble about in this post. I've been knitting, as is evidenced above, but not all that much. And I won't get much done tonight because we're about to go watch Lost and I will not knit during that show. There's just too much that can be missed (and still gets missed even if I've got my eyes glued to the TV) for any knitting to happen. So all this makes for a boring knitting blog! ;)

One of these days I will get around to taking a photo of my progress with that Patons SWS Colored Blocks Throw I am making. I've nearly reached the halfway-ish point (I say -ish because I'm almost done with panel two of four but there's still the border, so this still isn't really halfway). But that's going to require pins and a blocking board so that it's even visible, since it's all rolling.

I will leave you with a Moose photo, because, well, I think he's cute.

IMG_4918a

Oh...the other day, while I was engrossed in knitting my sock, my husband suddenly exclaims, while giggling (he's helpful like that), "string! string!" and pointing at The Moose, who had gotten ahold of the ball of red yarn from my bag (string indeed!) and was munching away on the yarn. Or, as they like to say over at icanhascheezburger.com, "nomnomnom".

I snatched it away and cut off the end. At least that was easier than when he slimes a working piece!

I was just about to hit "publish post" when I was interrupted because I heard growling coming from the dining room...I looked over to see poor Maddie backing away while she growled at Moose, who was advancing towards her. He's such a little brat! I know he just wants to play but she wants none of that! Sometimes we have to carry her past "the shark" as my husband also calls Moose...because Maddie gets up to all the highest places she can find, jumping from high point to high point, while Moose circles around below. heh. Cats.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute socks. The colors are great. Very fall but like you said, you can always cast on more socks!

Anonymous said...

Marm and Bonita have the same sort of relationship. Marm really just wants to play and love her but she will have none of it. Luckily she holds her own and most of the time we only have to get involved if we want to hear the tv! (all bark, no bite)