I finally got around to taking pictures of my husband's hat and mittens...I needed to do this while not letting him see since his birthday isn't for another couple of weeks.
Anyway, you've seen the hat before, but here it is again:
I still really like how it came out. Here's some detail of the stripes:
And now, finally, I have the mittens all done too:
And here's some detail of the same striping pattern I used on the hat:
I like how the mittens came out too.
Here they are all together. At some point it might be fun to get a photo of them with his coat, but he'd definitely notice me doing that! :)
Specs on this project:
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Colors: Oxford Grey, Grey Heather, Blue Heather and Denim
Amount used: from stash--small amounts of blues and light gray, a little more of dark gray
Pattern: My own pattern for a man's hat with stripes
Needles used: Size 7 (16" circulars and DPNs)
Pattern: my X-large Mittens Pattern (based on Pop-Up Paws)
Needles used: Size 4 & 6 DPNs
Back soon with photos of the sparkly purse...as you can see by the mitten photos, it's finally sunny here!
(whoops...ETA project specs)