7.02.2007

In other news

This is almost old news now, but I got my June Rockin' Sock Club kit a week or so ago. I love it! Just in case there are still some people out there who haven't gotten theirs yet, I won't post spoiler photos. But I will link to them in case you want to see!

Here is the yarn and the pattern. I think it's a cute pattern, and I LOVE the colors in the yarn. This is an outdoor, natural light photo of the yarn. And, as always, the adorable emergency skein. hee. I never get tired of those.

~~~

The following photos are of an old project that I recently decided to modify a little. (In case you're interested, here are some previous posts about it, when I got the yarn and started the project, partway through, and when I finished it.)


Well, I like to think I didn't so much as "modify" it as "improved" it. I had made this purse a while ago, and I love it. However, since it had an open top and is very soft and floppy, I rarely used it because I was afraid things would fall out, even with the little "dinghy" bag I made and attached with a snap (see this page for a photo and specs on yarn and pattern). I had thought about putting a zipper on it but was so entertained by the fun watermelon lining fabric I had found for the bag that I didn't want to conceal it behind a zipper. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that a zipper was just what this bag needed, and that I could probably add one without losing the effect of the fun lining. So I found a bright green zipper and hand-stitched it in, while still letting a little of the lining show:



Then I added a beaded zipper pull, since I thought it could use that too:


I am very pleased with how it came out, and I think it was a good improvement on a cute bag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks pretty good! i think it is a fine improvement!
i really like that STR yarn and pattern i hope they place those two for sale when the club ends.

gypsyknits said...

I got my yarn too. haven't started it yet but I have it.
I love your bag. I think the zipper was a good improvement. Have fun knitting.

Tammy said...

That zipper pull is perfect!!!!! And I love the watermelon lining.

You'll love knitting up the June socks from the rockin sock club. The colors are just so fantastic and the slip stitch pattern works really well with the colors.

Knits-N-Purrs